Greyhound Physical Appearance
Thinking to adopt a Greyhound Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Greyhound or what are the popular colours of a Greyhound?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Greyhound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Greyhound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Greyhound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 28-30 inches (71-76 cm)
- Female: 27-28 inches (68-71 cm)
- Male: 65-80 pounds (29-36 kg)
- Female: 60-70 pounds (27-31 kg)
Size of Greyhound: The Greyhound Dog is a giant sized dog.
Height of Greyhound:
Weight of Greyhound:
The Common Colours of Greyhound Dogs
Known as "the world's fastest couch potato," the greyhound is quiet, calm and extremely well-mannered indoors. They are good with other dogs, and with other pets if raised with them; outdoors, they tend to chase any small thing that moves. They are reserved with strangers, very sensitive and sometimes timid. Despite their independent nature, they are eager to please.
What to do if you lose your Greyhound
If your Greyhound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vets to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Greyhound
If you find a Greyhound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.