Hamilton Hound Physical Appearance
Thinking to get a Hamilton Hound Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Hamilton Hound or what are the popular colours of a Hamilton Hound?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of Hamilton Hound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Hamilton Hound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Hamilton Hound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Female: 18 - 22.5 inches (46 - 57 cm)
- Male: 19.5 - 23.5 inches (50 - 60 cm)
- 50 - 60 pounds (22.7 - 27.2 kg)
Size of Hamilton Hound: The Hamilton Hound Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Hamilton Hound:
Weight of Hamilton Hound:
The Popular Colours of Hamilton Hound Dogs
Hamilton Hound Information
Hamilton Hounds are very easy going, but can be stubborn. They are very patient with children. This breed makes a fantastic hunter as it has a very high prey drive, so caution needs to be taken with small animals. Owners must provide plenty of daily exercise, and be the dog's firm, but calm, confident, consistent pack leader to avoid behavior issues.
What to do if you lose your Hamilton Hound
If your Hamilton Hound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Hamilton Hound
If you find a Hamilton Hound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.