Havanese Physical Appearance
Looking to adopt a Havanese Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Havanese or what are the common colours of a Havanese?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of Havanese Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Havanese, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Havanese would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 8-11 inches (20-28 cm)
- 7-13 pounds (3-6 kg)
Size of Havanese: The Havanese Dog is a small sized dog.
Height of Havanese:
Weight of Havanese:
The Common Colours of Havanese Dogs
Havanese have a quiet and gentle disposition, but enjoy rowdy play sessions. They are affectionate, preferring to be at their owner's side or in the same room, and will alert their owner to approaching strangers. They enjoy the company of other Havanese. They are intelligent, easy to train and attentive to their handler. Havanese have an alert, gentle expression produced by the combination of large dark eyes, dropped ears, long fur and an endearing habit of tilting their head when listening.
What to do if you lose your Havanese
If your Havanese Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Havanese
If you find a Havanese Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.