Hokkaido Dog Physical Appearance
Considering to get a Hokkaido Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Hokkaido Dog or what are the common colours of a Hokkaido Dog?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of Hokkaido Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Hokkaido Dog, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Hokkaido Dog would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 18-22 inches (46-56 cm)
- 45-65 pounds (20-30 kg)
Size of Hokkaido Dog: The Hokkaido Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Hokkaido Dog:
Weight of Hokkaido Dog:
- Black and Tan
The Popular Colours of Hokkaido Dogs
Hokkaido Dog Information
The breed is known for fidelity to its owner, bravery, and the ability to withstand the cold, among other traits. It has an innate sense of direction and smell, and can therefore return to its master no matter how great the distance. Temperament will vary depending on the lineage and region of upbringing. They are good with children if they are raised with them from puppyhood and/or properly socialized. Children should be taught how to display leadership skills, and the dog should be taught to respect the child.
What to do if you lose your Hokkaido Dog
If your Hokkaido Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Hokkaido Dog
If you find a Hokkaido Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.