Irish Setter Physical Appearance
Considering to own an Irish Setter Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Irish Setter or what are the common colours of an Irish Setter?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Irish Setter Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Irish Setter, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an Irish Setter would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 26-28 inches (66-71 cm)
- Female: 24-26 inches (61-66 cm)
- Male: 65-75 pounds (29-34 kg)
- Female: 55-65 pounds (25-29 kg)
Size of Irish Setter: The Irish Setter Dog is a large sized dog.
Height of Irish Setter:
Weight of Irish Setter:
The Popular Colours of Irish Setter Dogs
Irish Setter Information
The Irish setter was bred to be a tireless and enthusiastic hunter, and it approaches everything in life with a rollicking, good-natured attitude, full of gusto and fervor. Given a daily outlet for its energy, it makes a pleasant companion. Without ample exercise, it can be overly active inside or become frustrated. It is an amiable breed, eager to please and be part of its family's activities. It is good with children, but can be too rambunctious for small children. It is less popular as a hunter than the other setters.
What to do if you lose your Irish Setter
If your Irish Setter Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Irish Setter
If you find a Irish Setter Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.