Irish Terrier Physical Appearance
Thinking to get an Irish Terrier Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Irish Terrier or what are the common colours of an Irish Terrier?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Irish Terrier Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Irish Terrier, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an Irish Terrier would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 18 inches (43 cm)
- 25-27 pounds (11-12 kg)
Size of Irish Terrier: The Irish Terrier Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Irish Terrier:
Weight of Irish Terrier:
- Red Wheaten
The Popular Colours of Irish Terrier Dogs
Irish Terrier Information
Called the daredevil of dogdom, the Irish terrier is brash, bold, assertive, playful, inquisitive, independent, strong-willed and ever ready for action and adventure. It is usually aggressive toward other dogs and small animals and tends to be reserved with strangers. It likes to chase and run and hunt and explore; it needs daily physical and mental exercise in a safe area. Given sufficient exercise, it is surprisingly well-mannered and dignified indoors. It is a loyal and entertaining companion.
What to do if you lose your Irish Terrier
If your Irish Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Irish Terrier
If you find a Irish Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.