Do Irish Wolfhound Dogs Need To Be Groomed Regularly?
Wanting to get an Irish Wolfhound and need to know how often do an Irish Wolfhound Dog need to be groomed or should you bathe an Irish Wolfhound?
According to dog experts, Irish Wolfhound Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that require grooming regularly.
Moderate Maintenance: Grooming should be performed regularly to keep its fur in good shape. Occasional trimming or stripping needed.
Why Brush or Groom Your Irish Wolfhound Dog?
Brushing also helps to spread healthy natural skin oils over the hair shaft, ensuring a shiny coat and helping dirt to slide off the hair. This can also help to reduce the need to bath and therefore minimize the frequency of bathing.
Brushing and grooming of your Irish Wolfhound dog are tasks that help to reinforce the positive connection bond between your pet and you. Brushing should be a pleasant and relaxed experience for your pet and you.
How Often to Groom Your Irish Wolfhound
Dogs with short coats typically require much less brushing and grooming compared to dogs with medium to long haired coats as these longer coats can get tangles, mats and debris trapped in them more easily.
Some very short-haired dogs may not need traditional 'brushing' and for these dogs, owners may instead like to try a soft grooming glove to gently remove loose hair, occasionally.
Pet dogs should be brushed 'as needed'. Owners should keep an eye on the condition of their dog's coat, looking for any tangles/mats or dullness which suggests they might need a brush. Grooming can take anything from a couple of minutes to a number of hours a week depending on your type of dog.
Irish Wolfhound Information
Aptly known as the gentle giant, the Irish wolfhound is a soft-natured, easygoing breed. It is calm around the house, sensitive, patient, easygoing and sweet. Despite its great size, it is good with children, pets and other dogs. It is reserved with strangers and courageous when the need arises.
What to do if you lose your Irish Wolfhound
If your Irish Wolfhound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Irish Wolfhound
If you find a Irish Wolfhound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.