Irish Wolfhound Physical Appearance
Looking to adopt an Irish Wolfhound Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Irish Wolfhound or what are the common colours of an Irish Wolfhound?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of Irish Wolfhound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Irish Wolfhound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an Irish Wolfhound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 28-35 inches (71-90 cm)
- 90-150 pounds (40-69 kg)
Size of Irish Wolfhound: The Irish Wolfhound Dog is a giant sized dog.
Height of Irish Wolfhound:
Weight of Irish Wolfhound:
The Common Colours of Irish Wolfhound Dogs
Irish Wolfhound Information
Aptly known as the gentle giant, the Irish wolfhound is a soft-natured, easygoing breed. It is calm around the house, sensitive, patient, easygoing and sweet. Despite its great size, it is good with children, pets and other dogs. It is reserved with strangers and courageous when the need arises.
What to do if you lose your Irish Wolfhound
If your Irish Wolfhound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Irish Wolfhound
If you find a Irish Wolfhound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.