Are Japanese Chins Intelligent Dogs?
Considering to get a Japanese Chin and want to know whether Japanese Chin is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, Japanese Chin Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Japanese Chin intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #62
Smartest Dog Breeds
Of course, a clever canine is just potential without a human ready to put in the time and effort to channel the dog and train's knowledge. Dogs are about as clever as the normal two-year-old, but there is a range of intelligence across various breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many qualities. Some dog breeds are much easier to train and listen well to commands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Get one of these breeds if you want an intelligent friend:
1. Border Collie is among the world's smartest and most famous dog breeds. Originally developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog known for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's much-loved dog breeds. Originally bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is a clever, trainable and friendly mate.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a faithful, courageous and smart dog breed who is known for its unwavering devotion to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very intelligent, but they're also proud, active dogs, with the added advantage of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and obey.
5. German shepherd is the second most popular dog breed because they're brave, confident, and smart. They are exceptional all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Japanese Chin Information
The Japanese Chin is a devoted companion, relishing a warm lap as much as a boisterous game. It is sensitive and willing to please, tending to shadow its owner. It is a friend to all: strangers, dogs and pets. Its playfulness and gentleness make it a good child's companion for equally gentle children. The breed has been described as almost catlike — some even climb.
What to do if you lose your Japanese Chin
If your Japanese Chin Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the local vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Japanese Chin
If you find a Japanese Chin Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.