Kishu Ken Physical Appearance
Wanting to get a Kishu Ken Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Kishu Ken or what are the popular colours of a Kishu Ken?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of Kishu Ken Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Kishu Ken, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Kishu Ken would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 17-22 inches (43-56 cm)
- 30-60 pounds (13-27 kg)
Size of Kishu Ken: The Kishu Ken Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Kishu Ken:
Weight of Kishu Ken:
- Black & Tan
The Popular Colours of Kishu Ken Dogs
Kishu Ken Information
Kishu Kens are a one person/one family dog. They are courageous and brave as hunters, and will be loyal to their owners. They have a strong prey drive, and will hunt small animals. A few have been known to do well with cats if raised with them. They do well with other dogs if socialized well as puppies, however, due to their pack instincts they might cause some fights for dominance. They are quite headstrong and willful, making training necessary, but they are devoted and loyal to family, getting along well with children, if raised with them. Kishu Kens like to keep an eye on whatever is going on, and sometimes find a high place to look out from. They can be aloof or shy around strangers. They are easily housebroken, intelligent, and strong willed.
What to do if you lose your Kishu Ken
If your Kishu Ken Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Kishu Ken
If you find a Kishu Ken Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.