Korean Jindo Physical Appearance
Wanting to adopt a Korean Jindo Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Korean Jindo or what are the common colours of a Korean Jindo?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of Korean Jindo Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Korean Jindo, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Korean Jindo would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 18-25 inches (48-65 cm)
- Female: 16-22 inches (41-58 cm)
- Male: 35-50 pounds (16-23 kg)
- Female: 25-40 pounds (11-18 kg)
Size of Korean Jindo: The Korean Jindo Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Korean Jindo:
Weight of Korean Jindo:
- Black and Tan
The Popular Colours of Korean Jindo Dogs
Korean Jindo Information
The Jindo is an enthusiastic hunter, able to follow cold trails of rabbit, raccoon, and badger. In packs, Jindo can hunt even wild boars and roe deer. Jindos are renowned for their loyalty to family members and their attachment to their home. Jindos have often been known to travel long distances to return to their original owner. The Jindo has a fastidious nature and puppies are housebroken with little training. Jindos also keep their coats extremely clean. Jindos are, by nature, watchful of other dogs and may, on their own territory, react aggressively to intruding dogs. Jindos are highly intelligent but because of their independent nature, respond best to positive reinforcement training, and preferably from their owner. While the Jindo is devoted to its owner, they are aloof and suspicious toward strangers.
What to do if you lose your Korean Jindo
If your Korean Jindo Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vets to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Korean Jindo
If you find a Korean Jindo Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.