Are Kuvaszs Intelligent Dogs?
Considering to get a Kuvasz and need and wondering whether Kuvasz is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, Kuvasz Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Kuvasz intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #42
Smartest Dog Breeds
Of course, a clever pet dog is just potential without a human ready to put in the time and effort to channel the dog and train's intelligence. Dogs are about as clever as the average two-year-old, but there is a range of intelligence across several breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many attributes. Some dog breeds are much simpler to train and listen well to demands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
If you want an intelligent buddy, get one of these breeds:
1. Border Collie is among the world's smartest and most famous dog breeds. Originally developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog recognized for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's most popular dog breeds. Initially bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is a clever, trainable and friendly comrade.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a loyal, courageous and smart dog breed who is known for its unwavering dedication to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very smart, but they're also proud, active dogs, with the added advantage of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and follow.
5. German shepherd is the second most in demand dog breed because they're brave, confident, and clever. They are excellent all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Despite its sweet looks, the kuvasz is a tough protector, fearlessly defending its family or home. It is gentle with and protective of children in its own family, but it may misinterpret a child's rough-and-tumble games with other children as attacks on its child. It is reserved with strangers and may be aggressive toward strange dogs; however, it tends to be very gentle with other pets and livestock. It is devoted and loyal but not very demonstrative. Some can be domineering.
What to do if you lose your Kuvasz
If your Kuvasz Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Kuvasz
If you find a Kuvasz Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.