Landseer Physical Appearance
Wanting to get a Landseer Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Landseer or what are the common colours of a Landseer?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of Landseer Dogs from this page.
Landseer Size, Height and Weight
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Landseer, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Landseer would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 28.5-31.5 inches (72-80 cm)
- Female: 26.5-28.5 inches (67-72 cm)
- Male: 130-150 pounds (59-68 kg)
- Female: 100-120 pounds (45-54 kg)
Size of Landseer: The Landseer Dog is a giant sized dog.
Height of Landseer:
Weight of Landseer:
- Black & White
The Common Colours of Landseer Dogs
The Landseer Newfoundland dog is known for its sweet disposition, gentleness, and serenity. They enjoy swimming and tend to drool, though not as much as some other giant breeds. While the Landseer European Continental Type is also sweet, affectionate and enjoys swimming, it is quite different from the Landseer Newfoundland in regard to response, agility and speed.
What to do if you lose your Landseer
If your Landseer Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Landseer
If you find a Landseer Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.