Leonberger Physical Appearance
Thinking to adopt a Leonberger Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Leonberger or what are the popular colours of a Leonberger?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Leonberger Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Leonberger, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Leonberger would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 29-31 inches (74-80 cm)
- Female: 27-29 inches (61-74 cm)
- Male: 130-170 pounds (59-77 kg)
- Female: 100-130 pounds (45-59 kg)
Size of Leonberger: The Leonberger Dog is a giant sized dog.
Height of Leonberger:
Weight of Leonberger:
- Reddish Brown
The Common Colours of Leonberger Dogs
First and foremost a family dog, the Leonberger's temperament is one of its most important and distinguishing characteristics. Well socialized and trained, the Leonberger is self-assured, insensitive to noise, submissive to family members, friendly toward children, well composed with passersby, and self-disciplined when obliging its family or property with protection. Robust, loyal, intelligent, playful, and kindly, they can thus be taken anywhere without difficulty and adjust easily to a variety of circumstances, including the introduction of other dogs.
What to do if you lose your Leonberger
If your Leonberger Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the nearby vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Leonberger
If you find a Leonberger Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.