Are Lhasa Apsos Intelligent Dogs?
Thinking to get a Lhasa Apso and need to know whether Lhasa Apso is an intelligent dog breed?
According to dog experts, Lhasa Apso Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Lhasa Apso intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #68
Smartest Dog Breeds
Of course, a clever pet dog is just potential without a person willing to put in the time and effort to train and channel the dog's knowledge. Dogs are about as smart as the normal two-year-old, but there is a range of intelligence across several breeds.|Intelligence in dog breeds can refer to many features. Some dog breeds are simpler to train and listen well to commands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Get one of these breeds if you want an intelligent buddy:
1. Border Collie is just one of the world's smartest and most well-known dog breeds. Initially developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog known for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's most popular dog breeds. Originally bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is a clever, trainable and friendly buddy.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a faithful, courageous and smart dog breed who is known for its unwavering dedication to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very intelligent, but they're also proud, active dogs, with the added advantage of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and obey.
5. German shepherd is the second most in demand dog breed because they're brave, confident, and smart. They are outstanding all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Lhasa Apso Information
Despite its lap-dog appearance, the Lhasa is a tough character. It is independent, stubborn and bold. Although it is eager for a romp or game, it will be happy as long as it is given exercise. It will also happily snooze beside its owner. These characteristics make it an excellent small companion in adventure. It is somewhat reserved with strangers.
What to do if you lose your Lhasa Apso
If your Lhasa Apso Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Lhasa Apso
If you find a Lhasa Apso Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.