Popular Maltese Names
Considering to adopt a Maltese Dog and want to know what is the most popular names for Maltese Dogs?
Whether your next Maltese is a girl or boy, find the list of cute and funny Maltese Dog names here.
Choosing a name for your dog requires a little luck and inspiration and a lot of thought. After all, this is a word you will be saying frequently for years to come.
Can you guess the most popular Maltese dog names? Some of them might surprise you. Choosing the best dog name, like choosing the perfect dog sitter, is a task that pet parents take seriously.
Luckily, we have rounded up some great options for you. From Allie to Zoey and everything in between, we dug into our database to discover the top Maltese breed dog names and trends.
The perfect name for your Maltese dog is out there!
Top 10 Male Maltese Dog Names
Top 10 Female Maltese Dog Names
They are one of the most gentle mannered of all little dogs, but are also full of energy and very playful, making them great family dogs. Maltese are highly intelligent and know very well how to use their charm to get their way. If given the chance, they become easily spoiled. This isn’t a problem for dog savvy owners, but many pet owners will give in, often resulting in a pet with poor manners. It is not recommended that Maltese go to homes with young children, where as tiny puppies, there is the possibility of being stepped on or dropped by a child.
What to do if you lose your Maltese
If your Maltese Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Maltese
If you find a Maltese Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.