Maltese Physical Appearance
Looking to own a Maltese Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Maltese or what are the popular colours of a Maltese?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of Maltese Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Maltese, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Maltese would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 8-10 inches (21-25 cm)
- Female: 8-9 inches (20-23 cm)
- 6.5-9 pounds (3-4 kg)
Size of Maltese: The Maltese Dog is a small sized dog.
Height of Maltese:
Weight of Maltese:
The Common Colours of Maltese Dogs
They are one of the most gentle mannered of all little dogs, but are also full of energy and very playful, making them great family dogs. Maltese are highly intelligent and know very well how to use their charm to get their way. If given the chance, they become easily spoiled. This isn’t a problem for dog savvy owners, but many pet owners will give in, often resulting in a pet with poor manners. It is not recommended that Maltese go to homes with young children, where as tiny puppies, there is the possibility of being stepped on or dropped by a child.
What to do if you lose your Maltese
If your Maltese Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Maltese
If you find a Maltese Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.