Can Maremma Sheepdogs Be Guard Dogs?
Wanting to get a Maremma Sheepdog puppy and need to know whether a Maremma Sheepdog can be a good guard dog or if Maremma Sheepdogs are protective of their owners?
According to our chart, Maremma Sheepdogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best watch dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training a Maremma Sheepdog To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog basically alarms their owner to someone approaching their house. Even when your dog isn't a police canine, most barking dogs will deter an intruder even if they aren't large. Most guard dogs also make wonderful watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make good guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although small, the Cairn Terrier is mighty. They are strong-willed, feisty little terriers that are really observant of their settings and will notify their owners to any novel activity in no time. Because of this, they make outstanding watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a big German guard dog breed that is greatly loyal to its family but wary of strangers. Although, they are not a good choice for novice canine owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are excellent guard dogs that will notify their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly alert their owners to any uncommon activity. They are strong dogs that are not well-suited for the novice owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
Maremma Sheepdog Information
The principle function of this breed is as a flock and property guard. He is perceptive and assertive and devoted to his master. This breed is forgiving with children and gets along well with other dogs and pets. It can be slightly reserved with strangers.
What to do if you lose your Maremma Sheepdog
If your Maremma Sheepdog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Maremma Sheepdog
If you find a Maremma Sheepdog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.