Miniature American Shepherd Dog Breed
Thinking of getting a Miniature American Shepherd Dog and want to know if a Miniature American Shepherd is suitable for your household?
Use the Miniature American Shepherd information on this website to learn more about adaptability, health issues, life span of Miniature American Shepherd and more.
Miniature American Shepherd Facts
- Name: Miniature American Shepherd
- Other Names: North American Shepherd, Mini American, MAS, Ameri
- Origin: United States
- Breed Group: Herding (AKC & UKC)
- Breed Type: Purebred
Miniature American Shepherd Information
Intelligent, willing to please, and devoted, the Miniature American Shepherd is a herding dog that can be an excellent family pet. Owners must devote time to socialization and training to direct the breeds strong working instincts and drive. They are naturally wary of strangers but should not be shy, and they are able to adjust their demeanor to given situations, whether work or play. The breed responds well to obedience training and has a natural sensitivity that makes it a good choice for therapy work, service work, and search and rescue. The Miniature American Shepherd is an intelligent working dog of strong herding and guardian instincts. An exceptional companion, he is versatile and easily trained, performing his assigned tasks with great style and enthusiasm. Although reserved with strangers, he does not exhibit shyness. He is a resilient and persistent worker, who adjusts his demeanor and arousal appropriately to the task at hand. With his family he is protective, good natured, devoted and loyal.
What to do if you lose your Miniature American Shepherd
If your Miniature American Shepherd Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Miniature American Shepherd
If you find a Miniature American Shepherd Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.