Miniature American Shepherd Physical Appearance
Thinking to get a Miniature American Shepherd Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Miniature American Shepherd or what are the common colours of a Miniature American Shepherd?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of Miniature American Shepherd Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Miniature American Shepherd, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Miniature American Shepherd would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 14–18 inches (36–46 cm)
- Female: 12–14 inches
- 15-35 pounds (6-16 kg)
Size of Miniature American Shepherd: The Miniature American Shepherd Dog is a small to medium sized dog.
Height of Miniature American Shepherd:
Weight of Miniature American Shepherd:
The Popular Colours of Miniature American Shepherd Dogs
Miniature American Shepherd Information
Intelligent, willing to please, and devoted, the Miniature American Shepherd is a herding dog that can be an excellent family pet. Owners must devote time to socialization and training to direct the breeds strong working instincts and drive. They are naturally wary of strangers but should not be shy, and they are able to adjust their demeanor to given situations, whether work or play. The breed responds well to obedience training and has a natural sensitivity that makes it a good choice for therapy work, service work, and search and rescue. The Miniature American Shepherd is an intelligent working dog of strong herding and guardian instincts. An exceptional companion, he is versatile and easily trained, performing his assigned tasks with great style and enthusiasm. Although reserved with strangers, he does not exhibit shyness. He is a resilient and persistent worker, who adjusts his demeanor and arousal appropriately to the task at hand. With his family he is protective, good natured, devoted and loyal.
What to do if you lose your Miniature American Shepherd
If your Miniature American Shepherd Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Miniature American Shepherd
If you find a Miniature American Shepherd Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.