Can Miniature Bulldogs Be Guard Dogs?
Wanting to get a Miniature Bulldog puppy and need to know whether a Miniature Bulldog can be a good guard dog or if Miniature Bulldogs are protective of their owners?
According to pet trainers, Miniature Bulldogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best guard dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training a Miniature Bulldog To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog basically alarms their owner to somebody approaching their house. Even though your pet dog isn't a police dog, most barking dogs will discourage an intruder even if they aren't large. Most guard dogs also make excellent watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make good guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although small, the Cairn Terrier is intense. They are strong-willed, fiery little terriers that are very observant of their settings and will alert their owners to any novel activity in no time. Due to this, they make excellent watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a huge German guard dog breed that is deeply loyal to its family but wary of strangers. Although, they are not a good choice for inexperienced pet dog owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are terrific guard dogs that will alert their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly alarm their owners to any uncommon activity. They are strong dogs that are not well-suited for the inexperienced owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
Miniature Bulldog Information
The Miniature Bulldog should not be confused with the Miniature English Bulldog, which is the purebred English Bulldog being bred down in size and called Miniature by some breeders.
What to do if you lose your Miniature Bulldog
If your Miniature Bulldog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Miniature Bulldog
If you find a Miniature Bulldog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.