Northern Inuit Dog Physical Appearance
Looking to own a Northern Inuit Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Northern Inuit Dog or what are the common colours of a Northern Inuit Dog?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of Northern Inuit Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Northern Inuit Dog, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Northern Inuit Dog would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 23-32 inches (58-81 cm)
- Female: 23-28 inches (58-71 cm)
- Male: 79-110 pounds (36-50 kg)
- Female: 55-84 pounds (25-38 kg)
Size of Northern Inuit Dog: The Northern Inuit Dog is a medium to large sized dog.
Height of Northern Inuit Dog:
Weight of Northern Inuit Dog:
The Common Colours of Northern Inuit Dogs
Northern Inuit Dog Information
The Northern Inuit dog is not for the novice owner as they can be very stubborn and are very quick-witted. The owner of a Northern Inuit must show themselves to be a strong leader or be prepared to be the underdog, and be taken advantage of. They are more difficult to train than other, more biddable breeds. Separation anxiety may arise when they are left alone and unsupervised too long, leading to destructive behaviours but training to be left from a young age will rectify this. Training from the onset is a must for this breed. Often, they will do better with another dog for company. Socialization should begin when vaccinated and throughout as their play can be very rough and misinterpreted.
What to do if you lose your Northern Inuit Dog
If your Northern Inuit Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Northern Inuit Dog
If you find a Northern Inuit Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.