Norwegian Elkhound Physical Appearance
Considering to own a Norwegian Elkhound Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Norwegian Elkhound or what are the common colours of a Norwegian Elkhound?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of Norwegian Elkhound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Norwegian Elkhound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Norwegian Elkhound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 19-21 inches (48-53 cm)
- Female: 18-20 inches (46-51 cm)
- Male: 50-60 pounds (23-27 kg)
- Female: 40-55 pounds (18-25 kg)
Size of Norwegian Elkhound: The Norwegian Elkhound Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Norwegian Elkhound:
Weight of Norwegian Elkhound:
- Black & Gray
- Black & Silver
- Black White & Silver
- Gray & Black
- Gray Black & Silver
- Silver & Black
- Silver Gray & Black
The Common Colours of Norwegian Elkhound Dogs
Norwegian Elkhound Information
The Norwegian elkhound combines traits of hounds and spitz-like dogs, resulting in a breed that is bold, playful, independent, alert, boisterous and — unlike most hounds — even protective. This is a dog ready for adventure and happiest if that adventure takes place outdoors in cold weather. It needs daily exercise, lest it become frustrated or even destructive. It is friendly with strangers but may quarrel with strange dogs. It tends to pull when on leash unless trained, and it may bark a lot.
What to do if you lose your Norwegian Elkhound
If your Norwegian Elkhound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Norwegian Elkhound
If you find a Norwegian Elkhound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.