Papillon Physical Appearance
Thinking to own a Papillon Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Papillon or what are the popular colours of a Papillon?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Papillon Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Papillon, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Papillon would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 8-11 inches (20-28 cm)
- Female: 8-11 inches (20-28 cm)
- Male: 8-10 pounds (4-5 kg)
- Female: 7-9 pounds (3-4 kg)
Size of Papillon: The Papillon Dog is a small sized dog.
Height of Papillon:
Weight of Papillon:
- White & Black
- White & Lemon
- White & Red
- White & Sable
- White Black & Tan
The Popular Colours of Papillon Dogs
The temperament of a papillon is a happy, friendly, adventurous dog. They are not shy or aggressive. Papillon's make excellent family dogs but should be watched around little children, as should any dog, due to a small child's lack of understanding of a dog's behavior and the likelihood that they will do something to upset the dog.
What to do if you lose your Papillon
If your Papillon Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Papillon
If you find a Papillon Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.