Pekingese Physical Appearance
Considering to get a Pekingese Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Pekingese or what are the common colours of a Pekingese?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Pekingese Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Pekingese, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Pekingese would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 6-9 inches (30.4-45 cm)
- 8-10 pounds (3.6-4.5 kg)
Size of Pekingese: The Pekingese Dog is a small sized dog.
Height of Pekingese:
Weight of Pekingese:
The Common Colours of Pekingese Dogs
The Pekingese is decidedly not a sissy lap dog. It is a courageous character that will not start a fight but will not back down from one either. It tends to be aloof around strangers. It is extremely devoted to its family, but it is independent and not overly demonstrative. Its stubbornness is legendary. Although playful around family members, it may not be athletic or playful enough to satisfy many children.
What to do if you lose your Pekingese
If your Pekingese Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Pekingese
If you find a Pekingese Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.