Pharaoh Hound Physical Appearance
Looking to own a Pharaoh Hound Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Pharaoh Hound or what are the popular colours of a Pharaoh Hound?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of Pharaoh Hound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Pharaoh Hound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Pharaoh Hound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 23-25 inches (59-63 cm)
- Female: 21-24 inches (53-61 cm)
- 45-55 pounds (20-25 kg)
Size of Pharaoh Hound: The Pharaoh Hound Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Pharaoh Hound:
Weight of Pharaoh Hound:
- Red Golden
- Rich Tan
The Common Colours of Pharaoh Hound Dogs
Pharaoh Hound Information
The svelte pharaoh hound is more than a gracious addition to the home (though it surely is that) — it is a keen hunter and an exuberant chaser. Although it is calm indoors, it loves to run. It is sensitive, loving, gentle and good with children and other dogs, but it may chase strange animals. It tends to be reserved with strangers; some pharaoh hounds are even timid. It is independent but willing to please. The breed has the unique characteristic of "blushing" when excited, with the nose and ears turning a rosy color.
What to do if you lose your Pharaoh Hound
If your Pharaoh Hound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Pharaoh Hound
If you find a Pharaoh Hound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.