Picardy Spaniel Temperament
Thinking to own a Picardy Spaniel Dog and wondering about Picardy Spaniel's temperament or characteristics?
There are many reasons why you will fall in love with the Picardy Spaniel Dogs as they are known for their Affectionate, Companionable, Devoted characteristics.
Picardy Spaniel Dog Characteristics
- Gun dog
- Toy dog
- Utility Dog
- Hound dog
- Working dog
How To Find a Dog With a Good Temperament
Knowing why a breed was created, and the country and climate it originally came from, can help you understand what to expect in terms of behaviour and personality.
Some breeds demand much more attention than others. A breed's true temperament can also require time to cultivate: the boxer's extrovert and playful nature means it takes longer to mature than other breeds.
The puppies of particular breeds could be very hard work in the early weeks but can make wonderful adult dogs.
There are seven types of dogs:
Picardy Spaniel Information
The Picardy Spaniel is a docile breed of dog and is fond of playing with children and bonds well with their master. It is described as having a gentle sociable nature, possessing a good character and being relatively easy to train. In France, the breed is used for hunting in wooded areas for Pheasants, and in swamps for Snipes. However it can also be used for hunting ducks, hares and rabbits. The breed excels at hunting in marshes and will not hesitate to jump into water. It can also adequately serve as a retriever should it be required. The dog is content with a small amount of space and could suit life in the city, but also loves open spaces.
What to do if you lose your Picardy Spaniel
If your Picardy Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Picardy Spaniel
If you find a Picardy Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.