Picardy Spaniel Physical Appearance
Looking to own a Picardy Spaniel Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Picardy Spaniel or what are the popular colours of a Picardy Spaniel?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of Picardy Spaniel Dogs from this page.
Picardy Spaniel Size, Height and Weight
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Picardy Spaniel, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Picardy Spaniel would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 22–24 inches (56–61 cm)
- 44–55 lbs (20–25 kg)
Size of Picardy Spaniel: The Picardy Spaniel Dog is a large sized dog.
Height of Picardy Spaniel:
Weight of Picardy Spaniel:
The Common Colours of Picardy Spaniel Dogs
Picardy Spaniel Information
The Picardy Spaniel is a docile breed of dog and is fond of playing with children and bonds well with their master. It is described as having a gentle sociable nature, possessing a good character and being relatively easy to train. In France, the breed is used for hunting in wooded areas for Pheasants, and in swamps for Snipes. However it can also be used for hunting ducks, hares and rabbits. The breed excels at hunting in marshes and will not hesitate to jump into water. It can also adequately serve as a retriever should it be required. The dog is content with a small amount of space and could suit life in the city, but also loves open spaces.
What to do if you lose your Picardy Spaniel
If your Picardy Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Picardy Spaniel
If you find a Picardy Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.