Are Pumis Intelligent Dogs?
Considering to own a Pumi and need to know whether Pumi is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, Pumi Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Pumi intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: unknown
Smartest Dog Breeds
Of course, a smart pet dog is just potential without a human willing to put in the time and effort to channel the dog and train's intelligence. Dogs are about as smart as the average two-year-old, but there is a range of intelligence across different breeds.|Intelligence in dog breeds can refer to many features. Some dog breeds are easier to train and listen well to demands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Here is a list of the 5 smartest dog breeds. Is your pet dog one of them?
1. Border Collie is one of the world's smartest and most popular dog breeds. Originally developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog recognized for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's much-loved dog breeds. Originally bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is a clever, trainable and friendly mate.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a loyal, courageous and smart dog breed who is known for its unwavering commitment to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very intelligent, but they're also pleased, active dogs, with the added benefit of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and follow.
5. German shepherd is the second most popular dog breed because they're courageous, confident, and clever. They are exceptional all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
The Pumi is a bold, active dog with a rather restless temperament. He can be a little suspicious towards strangers. The breed is constantly on the alert and looking for action, and can be rather noisy. Shyness is untypical of the breed.
What to do if you lose your Pumi
If your Pumi Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Pumi
If you find a Pumi Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.