Are Rafeiro do Alentejos Intelligent Dogs?
Considering to adopt a Rafeiro do Alentejo and need to know whether Rafeiro do Alentejo is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, Rafeiro do Alentejo Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Rafeiro do Alentejo intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: unknown
Smartest Dog Breeds
Obviously, a smart dog is just potential without a human ready to put in the time and effort to channel the dog and train's knowledge. Dogs are about as clever as the normal two-year-old, but there is a variety of intelligence across several breeds.|Intelligence in dog breeds can refer to many traits. Some dog breeds are much simpler to train and listen well to demands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Here is a list of the 5 smartest dog breeds. Is your dog one of them?
1. Border Collie is one of the world's smartest and most famous dog breeds. Originally developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog known for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's most popular dog breeds. Initially bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is a clever, friendly and trainable mate.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a loyal, courageous and smart dog breed who is known for its unwavering devotion to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very clever, but they're also proud, energetic dogs, with the added benefit of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and follow.
5. German shepherd is the second most sought-after dog breed because they're brave, confident, and intelligent. They are excellent all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Rafeiro do Alentejo Information
As with all very large dogs, they are not the dogs for beginners. Dogs of this size and type have the potential to be a danger to others if not well socialized at an early age, and are recommended only for the experienced dog handler who has the time to socialize and train the dog. This Mountain dog matures slowly, is very independent, and often does not respond to traditional force methods of dog obedience training. They are extremely territorial and will protect the sheep, households, and families they feel were placed under their protection. They are not aggressive but protective and are said to get along quite well with children.
What to do if you lose your Rafeiro do Alentejo
If your Rafeiro do Alentejo Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vets to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Rafeiro do Alentejo
If you find a Rafeiro do Alentejo Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.