Rat Terrier Physical Appearance
Wanting to own a Rat Terrier Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Rat Terrier or what are the common colours of a Rat Terrier?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of Rat Terrier Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Rat Terrier, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Rat Terrier would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Standard: 14-23 inches (35.5-58.5 cm)
- Standard: 12-35 pounds (5.5-16 kg)
Size of Rat Terrier: The Rat Terrier Dog is a small sized dog.
Height of Rat Terrier:
Weight of Rat Terrier:
- Black and Tan
The Popular Colours of Rat Terrier Dogs
Rat Terrier Information
The Rat Terrier has sometimes been described as having a dual personality. He is a fearless, tenacious hunter with seemingly unlimited energy. When he is not hunting, however, the Rat Terrier is an exceptionally friendly companion, getting along well with children, other dogs, and even cats.
What to do if you lose your Rat Terrier
If your Rat Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Rat Terrier
If you find a Rat Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.