Rhodesian Ridgeback Temperament
Thinking to adopt a Rhodesian Ridgeback Dog and wondering about Rhodesian Ridgeback's temperament or characteristics?
There are lots of reasons why you will love the Rhodesian Ridgeback Dogs as they are known for their Dignified, Intelligent, Loyal characteristics.
- Strong Willed
- Gun dog
- Toy dog
- Utility Dog
- Hound dog
- Working dog
How To Find a Dog With a Good Temperament
Finding out why a breed was developed, and the country and climate it initially came from, can help you understand what to expect in terms of behaviour and temperament.
Some breeds demand much more attention than others. A breed's true temperament can also take time to develop: the boxer's playful and extrovert nature means it takes longer to mature than other breeds.
The puppies of specific breeds can be very hard work in the early weeks but can make amazing adult dogs.
There are seven types of dogs:
Rhodesian Ridgeback Information
The Rhodesian Ridgeback is the hound group's answer to a somewhat protective dog. Not only is it a keen and versatile hunter, but it is a loyal guardian. It is good with children, especially protective of those in its family, but it is sometimes overly boisterous in play for small children. It is strong-willed and powerful; some can become domineering. It is reserved with strangers and can be aggressive toward strange dogs and animals.
What to do if you lose your Rhodesian Ridgeback
If your Rhodesian Ridgeback Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Rhodesian Ridgeback
If you find a Rhodesian Ridgeback Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.