Are Rhodesian Ridgebacks Intelligent Dogs?
Thinking to get a Rhodesian Ridgeback and need and wondering whether Rhodesian Ridgeback is an intelligent dog breed?
According to dog experts, Rhodesian Ridgeback Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Rhodesian Ridgeback intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #52
Smartest Dog Breeds
Obviously, a smart dog is just potential without a person willing to put in the time and effort to train and channel the dog's knowledge. Dogs are about as intelligent as the typical two-year-old, but there is a range of intelligence across different breeds.|Intelligence in dog breeds can refer to many features. Some dog breeds are much easier to train and listen well to demands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
If you want an intelligent friend, get one of these breeds:
1. Border Collie is one of the world's smartest and most popular dog breeds. Initially developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog recognized for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's most popular dog breeds. Initially bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is an intelligent, trainable and friendly companion.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a faithful, smart and courageous dog breed who is known for its unwavering devotion to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very clever, but they're also proud, energetic dogs, with the added advantage of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and obey.
5. German shepherd is the second most in demand dog breed because they're courageous, confident, and clever. They are excellent all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Rhodesian Ridgeback Information
The Rhodesian Ridgeback is the hound group's answer to a somewhat protective dog. Not only is it a keen and versatile hunter, but it is a loyal guardian. It is good with children, especially protective of those in its family, but it is sometimes overly boisterous in play for small children. It is strong-willed and powerful; some can become domineering. It is reserved with strangers and can be aggressive toward strange dogs and animals.
What to do if you lose your Rhodesian Ridgeback
If your Rhodesian Ridgeback Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vets to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Rhodesian Ridgeback
If you find a Rhodesian Ridgeback Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.