Rhodesian Ridgeback Physical Appearance
Thinking to get a Rhodesian Ridgeback Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Rhodesian Ridgeback or what are the common colours of a Rhodesian Ridgeback?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of Rhodesian Ridgeback Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Rhodesian Ridgeback, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Rhodesian Ridgeback would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 25-27 inches (63-69 cm)
- Female: 24-26 inches (61-66 cm)
- Male: 80-90 pounds (36-41 kg)
- Female: 65-75 pounds (29-34 kg)
Size of Rhodesian Ridgeback: The Rhodesian Ridgeback Dog is a large sized dog.
Height of Rhodesian Ridgeback:
Weight of Rhodesian Ridgeback:
The Common Colours of Rhodesian Ridgeback Dogs
Rhodesian Ridgeback Information
The Rhodesian Ridgeback is the hound group's answer to a somewhat protective dog. Not only is it a keen and versatile hunter, but it is a loyal guardian. It is good with children, especially protective of those in its family, but it is sometimes overly boisterous in play for small children. It is strong-willed and powerful; some can become domineering. It is reserved with strangers and can be aggressive toward strange dogs and animals.
What to do if you lose your Rhodesian Ridgeback
If your Rhodesian Ridgeback Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Rhodesian Ridgeback
If you find a Rhodesian Ridgeback Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.