Rottweiler Physical Appearance
Wanting to own a Rottweiler Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Rottweiler or what are the common colours of a Rottweiler?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of Rottweiler Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Rottweiler, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Rottweiler would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 24-27 inches (61-69 cm)
- Female: 22-25 inches (56-63 cm)
- Male: 95-130 pounds (43-59 kg)
- Female: 85-115 pounds (38-52 kg)
Size of Rottweiler: The Rottweiler Dog is a medium to large sized dog.
Height of Rottweiler:
Weight of Rottweiler:
- Black & Mahogany
- Black & Rust
- Black & Tan
The Popular Colours of Rottweiler Dogs
Confident, bold, alert and imposing, the Rottweiler is a popular choice for its ability to protect. As befitting its self-assured nature, it tends to be headstrong and stubborn and is often domineering. It is reserved, often wary, toward strangers. It may be overly protective if it perceives that its family is being threatened, and it may also attempt to "herd" children. This is a powerful breed that needs socialization, consistent training and daily exercise to be the best it can be — a loyal family member and guardian.
What to do if you lose your Rottweiler
If your Rottweiler Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Rottweiler
If you find a Rottweiler Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.