Looking to get a Shichon Dog and need to know about Shichon's temperament or characteristics?
There are many reasons why you will fall in love with the Shichon Dogs as they are known for their Friendly, Gentle, Intelligent temperament.
- Gun dog
- Toy dog
- Utility Dog
- Hound dog
- Working dog
How To Find a Dog With a Good Temperament
Understanding why a breed was developed, and the country and climate it initially came from, can help you understand what to expect in terms of behaviour and character.
Some breeds require much more attention than others. A breed's true temperament can also take time to cultivate: the boxer's lively and extrovert nature means it takes longer to mature than other breeds.
The puppies of specific breeds can be very hard work in the early weeks but can make wonderful adult dogs.
There are seven types of dogs:
This toy dog is said to have a "great" personality, and it is playful, lively and well-mannered. They can be a bit stubborn, but when they are trained well, they are a good family pet. They are easily trained. The Zuchon is a well-mannered dog known to be social, happy, and gentle. They become devoted to their families but need much attention and do not do well when left alone for long periods of time. They are good therapy dogs. Sometimes the Zuchon may be stubborn and in need of training. The Zuchon will remain active. They make fairly good watch dogs. When necessary, this dog will bark to alert its family that someone is nearby. This breed is typically good with other pets, especially when socialized at an early age. This dog gets along well with children, but it may be a good idea to socialize this breed at an early age as well as to supervise play time with children to make sure that the dog does not get hurt as a result of its small size.
What to do if you lose your Shichon
If your Shichon Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Shichon
If you find a Shichon Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.