Are Shih Tzus Intelligent Dogs?
Thinking to get a Shih Tzu and need and wondering whether Shih Tzu is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, Shih Tzu Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Shih Tzu intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #70
Smartest Dog Breeds
Obviously, a smart dog is just potential without a person willing to put in the time and effort to train and channel the dog's intelligence. Dogs are about as clever as the average two-year-old, but there is a variety of intelligence across several breeds.|Intelligence in dog breeds can refer to many features. Some dog breeds are simpler to train and listen well to commands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
If you want an intelligent buddy, get one of these breeds:
1. Border Collie is just one of the world's smartest and most famous dog breeds. Initially developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog known for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's favourite dog breeds. Originally bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is a smart, trainable and friendly companion.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a loyal, courageous and smart dog breed who is known for its unwavering devotion to its owners, whom they will protect at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very intelligent, but they're also honored, energetic dogs, with the added benefit of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and obey.
5. German shepherd is the second most in demand dog breed because they're courageous, confident, and clever. They are excellent all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Shih Tzu Information
The spunky but sweet Shih Tzu is both a gentle lap dog and a vivacious companion. It has an upbeat attitude and loves to play and romp. It is affectionate to its family and good with children. It is surprisingly tough and does have a stubborn streak.
What to do if you lose your Shih Tzu
If your Shih Tzu Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Shih Tzu
If you find a Shih Tzu Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.