Do Shih Tzu Dogs Need To Be Groomed Regularly?
Owning a a Shih Tzu and need to know how often do a Shih Tzu Dog need to be groomed or should you bathe a Shih Tzu?
According to dog experts, Shih Tzu Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that require grooming regularly.
High Maintenance: Grooming should be performed often to keep the dog's coat in good shape. Professional groomers can be sought after for assistance.
Why Brush or Groom Your Shih Tzu Dog?
Brushing also helps to distribute healthy natural skin oils over the hair shaft, promoting a shiny coat and helping dust to slide off the hair. This can also help to minimize the need to bath and therefore lessen the regularity of bathing.
Brushing and grooming of your Shih Tzu dog are tasks that help to strengthen the good connection bond between your dog and you. Brushing should be an enjoyable and comfy experience for your pet and you.
How Often to Groom Your Shih Tzu
Dogs with short coats frequently require much less brushing and grooming contrasted to dogs with medium to long haired coats as these longer coats can get tangles, mats and debris trapped in them more easily.
Some very short-haired dogs may not need conventional 'brushing' and for these dogs, owners may rather like to try a soft grooming glove to gently remove loose hair, occasionally.
Dogs should be brushed 'as required'. Owners should monitor the condition of their dog's coat, trying to find any tangles/mats or dullness which indicates they might need a brush. Grooming can take anything from a few minutes to a number of hours a week depending on your type of dog.
Shih Tzu Information
The spunky but sweet Shih Tzu is both a gentle lap dog and a vivacious companion. It has an upbeat attitude and loves to play and romp. It is affectionate to its family and good with children. It is surprisingly tough and does have a stubborn streak.
What to do if you lose your Shih Tzu
If your Shih Tzu Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Shih Tzu
If you find a Shih Tzu Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.