Is Shih Tzu Playful?
Wanting to own a Shih Tzu and need to know whether Shih Tzu is a playful breed and fun to be around?
According to dog experts, Shih Tzu Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of the most playful dog breeds.
One of the things we adore about pet dogs is their playfulness. But some breeds are typically more playful than others.
So, in the spirit of a good time, we combed through our breed profiles to find the dog breeds that tend to be the most enjoyable loving. It's essential to keep in mind that most of these breeds are not couch potatoes or shrinking violets and, in fact, typically need lots of physical and mental stimulation so they don't become bored.
You should remember that all dogs are individuals - not all Labs are obsessed with playing fetch, and there are possibly even some Portuguese Water Dogs who don't like water.
Obviously, with any of these breeds, a dog's health and age will influence his level of liveliness. Even with these breeds, you should have a veterinarian inspect your canine to make sure there are no underlying conditions before starting any exuberant activities.
Top 5 Most Playful Dog Breeds
2. Labrador Retriever - Labs are playful and normally fun-loving demeanors are absolutely part of it.
3. Papillon - Pappillion's are small, spunky and smart, this breed needs to be entertained - or she'll find a way to amuse herself.
4. Bearded Collie - These dogs are known for his trademark greeting, and is generally an exuberant and boisterous breed who will amuse you with his clownish antics.
5. Beagle - This breed is led by his nose, and likes to have loads of possibility to use his powerful sniffer. That can be as easy as your hiding treats around your house or taking him on long, meandering walks outdoors.
Shih Tzu Information
The spunky but sweet Shih Tzu is both a gentle lap dog and a vivacious companion. It has an upbeat attitude and loves to play and romp. It is affectionate to its family and good with children. It is surprisingly tough and does have a stubborn streak.
What to do if you lose your Shih Tzu
If your Shih Tzu Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Shih Tzu
If you find a Shih Tzu Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.