Shih Tzu Physical Appearance
Wanting to own a Shih Tzu Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Shih Tzu or what are the common colours of a Shih Tzu?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of Shih Tzu Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Shih Tzu, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Shih Tzu would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 8-11 inches (20-28 cm)
- 9-16 pounds (4-7 kg)
Size of Shih Tzu: The Shih Tzu Dog is a small sized dog.
Height of Shih Tzu:
Weight of Shih Tzu:
The Popular Colours of Shih Tzu Dogs
Shih Tzu Information
The spunky but sweet Shih Tzu is both a gentle lap dog and a vivacious companion. It has an upbeat attitude and loves to play and romp. It is affectionate to its family and good with children. It is surprisingly tough and does have a stubborn streak.
What to do if you lose your Shih Tzu
If your Shih Tzu Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Shih Tzu
If you find a Shih Tzu Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.