Shikoku dog Temperament
Thinking to get a Shikoku dog and need to know about Shikoku dog's temperament or characteristics?
There are many reasons why you will fall in love with the Shikoku dogs as they are known for their Brave, Cautious, Energetic characteristics.
- Gun dog
- Toy dog
- Utility Dog
- Hound dog
- Working dog
How To Find a Dog With a Good Temperament
Finding out why a breed was developed, and the country and climate it originally came from, can help you understand what to expect in terms of behaviour and personality.
Some breeds demand much more attention than others. A breed's true temperament can also require time to develop: the boxer's spirited and extrovert nature means it takes longer to mature than other breeds.
The puppies of specific breeds could be very hard work in the early weeks but can make wonderful adult dogs.
There are seven types of dogs:
Shikoku dog Information
It is cautious and brave; a temperate dog with good judgment. The Shikoku is also very loyal and submissive to its owner; it loves to be touched and often likes to give kisses. Although, it may be slightly aloof with strangers. This breed needs socialization early to avoid becoming aggressive toward other dogs. Dogs that do become dog aggressive need a competent owner/trainer who knows how to communicate to the dog that this is unacceptable behavior. Shikokus can get along with children if they are raised properly and vice-versa. They have a high prey drive and therefore may not be for everyone; should not be trusted with non-canine pets such as guinea pigs and hamsters.
What to do if you lose your Shikoku dog
If your Shikoku dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vets to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Shikoku dog
If you find a Shikoku dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.