Silken Windhound Temperament
Wanting to own a Silken Windhound Dog and need to know about Silken Windhound's temperament or characteristics?
There are many reasons why you will love the Silken Windhound Dogs as they are known for their Affectionate, Companionable, Familial temperament.
- Gun dog
- Toy dog
- Utility Dog
- Hound dog
- Working dog
How To Find a Dog With a Good Temperament
Understanding why a breed was developed, and the country and climate it originally came from, can help you understand what to expect in terms of behaviour and character.
Some breeds demand much more attention than others. A breed's true temperament can also take time to cultivate: the boxer's extrovert and playful nature means it takes longer to mature than other breeds.
The puppies of particular breeds could be very hard work in the early weeks but can make wonderful adult dogs.
There are seven types of dogs:
Silken Windhound Information
Silken Windhounds are affectionate and playful and are good dogs for families with children. Owing to their friendliness, they are not good guard dogs but are easily house broken and can be trained to live with smaller household pets. Silkens particularly like agility, therapy, flyball, and obedience. Silken Windhounds are often intelligent and easily trained using reward and affection in short, positive sessions and will work eagerly and form strong relationships with their owners if so treated. Like many sighthounds, Silken Windhounds can slip out of buckle collars, so most owners favour semi-slip collars.
What to do if you lose your Silken Windhound
If your Silken Windhound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the local vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Silken Windhound
If you find a Silken Windhound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.