Can Silky Terriers Be Guard Dogs?
Wanting to adopt a Silky Terrier puppy and wondering whether a Silky Terrier can be a good watch dog or if Silky Terrier Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to pet trainers, Silky Terrier Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best guard dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training a Silky Terrier To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog merely notifies their owner to somebody approaching their house. Even when your pet dog isn't a police canine, most barking dogs will deter an intruder even if they aren't large. Most guard dogs also make wonderful watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make good guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although small, the Cairn Terrier is intense. They are strong-willed, fiery little terriers that are very watchful of their surroundings and will notify their owners to any novel activity in no time. Because of this, they make exceptional watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a huge German guard dog breed that is greatly loyal to its family but wary of strangers. Although, they are not a great choice for amateur dog owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are fantastic guard dogs that will inform their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly signal their owners to any unusual activity. They are strong dogs that are not well-suited for the amateur owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
Silky Terrier Information
The silky terrier is no mellow lap dog. It is bold, feisty, inquisitive and playful, ever ready for action — a terrier at heart. It can be aggressive toward other dogs or pets. It is clever, but tends to be stubborn, and can be mischievous. It tends to bark a lot.
What to do if you lose your Silky Terrier
If your Silky Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Silky Terrier
If you find a Silky Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.