Skye Terrier Physical Appearance
Thinking to get a Skye Terrier Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Skye Terrier or what are the common colours of a Skye Terrier?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Skye Terrier Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Skye Terrier, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Skye Terrier would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 9.75-10.25 inches (25-26 cm)
- Male: 35-40 pounds (16-18 kg)
- Female: 25-30 pounds (11.5-14 kg)
Size of Skye Terrier: The Skye Terrier Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Skye Terrier:
Weight of Skye Terrier:
The Common Colours of Skye Terrier Dogs
Skye Terrier Information
The Skye terrier's soft look belies its tough nature. It is a fearless and a deadly rodent hunter. It is also a mild-mannered house pet, one of the few terriers calm enough to live in the city. It still needs daily exercise in a safe area or on leash, however. It is sensitive yet stubborn. The Skye is affectionate with its family but cautious with strangers. It gets along fairly well with other dogs in the same household but may not mingle well with strange dogs. It is extremely courageous and game and makes a good watchdog.
What to do if you lose your Skye Terrier
If your Skye Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Skye Terrier
If you find a Skye Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.