Thinking to adopt a Sloughi Dog and want to know about Sloughi's temperament or characteristics?
There are several reasons why you will love the Sloughi Dogs as they are known for their Alert, Faithful, Intelligent temperament.
- Gun dog
- Toy dog
- Utility Dog
- Hound dog
- Working dog
How To Find a Dog With a Good Temperament
Understanding why a breed was developed, and the country and climate it originally came from, can help you understand what to expect in terms of behaviour and personality.
Some breeds require much more attention than others. A breed's true temperament can also take some time to cultivate: the boxer's lively and extrovert nature means it takes longer to mature than other breeds.
The puppies of certain breeds could be very hard work in the early weeks but can make fantastic adult dogs.
There are seven types of dogs:
The Sloughi is an intelligent and very driven hunter which chases on sight what it considers moving prey, but also relies on olfactory and acoustic cues in the chase. In Africa the Sloughi is a working dog, primarily used for hunting. The Sloughi is typically loyal, playful and affectionate with family and cautious and watchful with strangers. The Sloughi does not respond well to harsh training, but benefits from a firm, consistent, fair and praising hand. (Faults: Sharpness or excessive shyness.)
What to do if you lose your Sloughi
If your Sloughi Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Sloughi
If you find a Sloughi Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.