Can Slovensky Cuvacs Be Guard Dogs?
Thinking to own a Slovensky Cuvac puppy and want to know whether a Slovensky Cuvac can be a good watch dog or if Slovensky Cuvac Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to pet trainers, Slovensky Cuvac Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best guard dogs.
Great Watchdog Ability: This dog will bark and alert its owners when an intruder is present. It exhibits very protective behavior, acts fearless toward any aggressor, and will do what it takes to guard and protect its family.
Training a Slovensky Cuvac To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog merely alerts their owner to somebody coming close to their house. Even if your dog isn't a police dog, most barking dogs will deter an intruder even if they aren't big. Most guard dogs also make great watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make great guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although small, the Cairn Terrier is intense. They are strong-willed, feisty little terriers that are really observant of their environments and will alarm their owners to any novel activity in no time. Because of this, they make outstanding watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a big German guard dog breed that is greatly loyal to its family but wary of strangers. However, they are not a great choice for inexperienced dog owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are great guard dogs that will alert their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly alert their owners to any uncommon activity. They are powerful dogs that are not well-suited for the amateur owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
Slovensky Cuvac Information
The dog is known for its hardy constitution, sturdy frame and shaggy white coat. Its frame is massive, and his temperament is naturally lively, watchful, undaunted and alert. These dogs thrive best in an environment of a large family, children and livestock to care for. Farms and ranches make the best homes. These dogs are natural guard dogs. They are gentle and loyal with their family and possessions.
What to do if you lose your Slovensky Cuvac
If your Slovensky Cuvac Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Slovensky Cuvac
If you find a Slovensky Cuvac Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.