Is Smaland Hound Playful?
Wanting to own a Smaland Hound and want to know whether Smaland Hound is a playful breed and fun to be around?
According to pet experts, Smaland Hound Dogs score 0 out of 5 in the scale of the most playful dog breeds.
One of the things we really love about pet dogs is their playfulness. But some breeds are typically more playful than others.
So, in the spirit of a good time, we combed through our breed profiles to find the canine breeds that tend to be the most enjoyable loving. It's necessary to keep in mind that most of these breeds are not couch potatoes or shrinking violets and, in fact, usually need lots of physical and mental stimulation so they don't become bored.
You should remember that all dogs are individuals - not all Labs are obsessed with playing fetch, and there are possibly even some Portuguese Water Dogs who don't like water.
Obviously, with any of these breeds, a dog's health and age will sway his level of liveliness. So even with these breeds, you should have a vet analyze your dog to make sure there are no underlying conditions before initiating any exuberant activities.
Top 5 Most Playful Dog Breeds
2. Labrador Retriever - Labs are playful and typically fun-loving demeanors are certainly part of it.
3. Papillon - Pappillion's are small, smart and spunky, this breed needs to be entertained - or she'll find a way to entertain herself.
4. Bearded Collie - These dogs are known for his signature greeting, and is generally a boisterous and exuberant breed who will amuse you with his clownish antics.
5. Beagle - This breed is led by his nose, and likes to have lots of opportunity to use his strong sniffer. That can be as simple as your hiding treats around your house or taking him on long, meandering walks outdoors.
Smaland Hound Information
A popular Swedish hunting dog, members of the breed can form strong attachments to their master; but are also seen as household pets due to their gentle and protective nature. In hunting, they are used to drive the quarry for the hunter. They are a highly intelligent breed, and require a high level of exercise. They therefore are not best suited to living in a small apartment. Smålandsstövare are wary of strangers and can be territorial, but this can also make a Smålandsstövare a good watchdog. Participation in field trials for Smålandsstövares are becoming increasingly common. They remain active up until around twelve years old.
What to do if you lose your Smaland Hound
If your Smaland Hound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Smaland Hound
If you find a Smaland Hound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.