Smaland Hound Physical Appearance
Thinking to adopt a Smaland Hound Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Smaland Hound or what are the common colours of a Smaland Hound?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of Smaland Hound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Smaland Hound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Smaland Hound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 18–21 inches (46–53 cm)
- Female: 17–20 inches (43–51 cm)
- 33–44 pounds (15–20 kg)
Size of Smaland Hound: The Smaland Hound Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Smaland Hound:
Weight of Smaland Hound:
- Black and Tan
The Common Colours of Smaland Hound Dogs
Smaland Hound Information
A popular Swedish hunting dog, members of the breed can form strong attachments to their master; but are also seen as household pets due to their gentle and protective nature. In hunting, they are used to drive the quarry for the hunter. They are a highly intelligent breed, and require a high level of exercise. They therefore are not best suited to living in a small apartment. Smålandsstövare are wary of strangers and can be territorial, but this can also make a Smålandsstövare a good watchdog. Participation in field trials for Smålandsstövares are becoming increasingly common. They remain active up until around twelve years old.
What to do if you lose your Smaland Hound
If your Smaland Hound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Smaland Hound
If you find a Smaland Hound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.