Spanish Greyhound Physical Appearance
Looking to adopt a Spanish Greyhound Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Spanish Greyhound or what are the common colours of a Spanish Greyhound?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Spanish Greyhound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Spanish Greyhound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Spanish Greyhound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 23-28 inches (60-70 cm)
- 44-66 pounds (20-30 kg)
Size of Spanish Greyhound: The Spanish Greyhound Dog is a large sized dog.
Height of Spanish Greyhound:
Weight of Spanish Greyhound:
The Popular Colours of Spanish Greyhound Dogs
Spanish Greyhound Information
Galgos have a very similar nature to Greyhounds. They are calm, quiet, gentle and laid back; happy to sleep their day away on their backs on a sofa. More than 90% of Galgos can be considered cat-friendly and are therefore an ideal choice for the hound lover who also owns cats. Almost all Galgos are also friendly towards other dogs and small dogs. Galgos are also very good with children, being calm in the house so there is less risk of a child being knocked over or jumped on than with a more excitable breed. They are very gentle and tolerate the often over-enthusiastic attentions of children with little risk of retaliation from the dog. Galgos have a very reserved personality and they have a tendency towards shyness, so it is very important that they be socialized early in life so that they grow up to be comfortable around strange people, dogs and locations.
What to do if you lose your Spanish Greyhound
If your Spanish Greyhound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Spanish Greyhound
If you find a Spanish Greyhound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.