Are Standard Poodles Intelligent Dogs?
Wanting to own a Standard Poodle and want and wondering whether Standard Poodle is an intelligent dog breed?
According to dog experts, Standard Poodle Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Standard Poodle intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #2
Smartest Dog Breeds
Obviously, a smart pet dog is just potential without a human willing to put in the time and effort to train and channel the dog's knowledge. Dogs are about as intelligent as the typical two-year-old, but there is a range of intelligence across different breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many qualities. Some dog breeds are much simpler to train and listen well to commands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
If you want an intelligent friend, get one of these breeds:
1. Border Collie is just one of the world's smartest and most popular dog breeds. Originally developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog known for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's most popular dog breeds. Initially bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is a smart, trainable and friendly buddy.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a faithful, smart and courageous dog breed who is known for its unwavering dedication to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very clever, but they're also proud, active dogs, with the added benefit of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and follow.
5. German shepherd is the second most sought-after dog breed because they're brave, confident, and intelligent. They are excellent all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Standard Poodle Information
The Standard Poodle’s most readily identifiable characteristic is its harsh, dense coat, which is presented in various traditional trims or, less frequently, corded. Another essential characteristic is proper temperament. The breed is noted for its high intelligence, trainability and sense of humor. Poodles are highly social and require human companionship and regular, close interaction with family members. Because of their great intelligence and the joy they take in human companionship, Poodles excel in performance events of all sorts. They are extremely affectionate with children.
What to do if you lose your Standard Poodle
If your Standard Poodle Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Standard Poodle
If you find a Standard Poodle Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.